Silence Unknown Callers, as the name suggests, silence all calls from unknown callers automatically. The feature works in collaboration with Siri and silences the calls only if Siri fails to find the number saved on the device, emails or messages and allows all the other calls to pass through. Unfortunately, as for now, Apple does not allow users to manually customise the list of unsaved phone number and the only option left is to save the particular phone number from receiving calls from it.
iPhone running latest version iOS13 or above
Active cellular connection
Still, if you want to block calls from unknown callers, here’s our step-by-step guide.
Open Settings app on your iPhone
Scroll down and tap on ‘Phone’ option
Under the Phone page, look for the option Silence Unknown Callers
Set the Silence Unknown Callers toggle to active.
Although, Apple iPhone automatically shows the prompt for the available software update, but by any chance, you have dismissed to notification or had in mind to download the update later, follow the steps.
- Head to Settings app on your iPhone
- Now, tap on the General option
- Scroll down the General setting page and look for the option Software update
- Tap on it and wait for the device to check the update
- If the update is available, hit Download to initiate the process.