Two persons were injured when fire gutted a storey building behind Tejuosho Market in Yaba, Lagos on Thursday, reports the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

The Director General of LASEMA, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said that the fire, caused by power surge, was put out by rescue officials and Lagos State Fire Service.

He said that the Tejuosho fire started from one of the rooms before escalating to other parts of the building.

Oke-Osanyintolu said that the intensity of the fire had caused physical cracks of the building.

He, however, said that no loss of life but two male adult sustained injuries.

Vanguard News Nigeria.

All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here